About Debbie Marshall, MA, LMFT
My name is Debbie Marshall and I'm a licensed counselor (Marriage and Family Therapist, MFC # 45836) in private practice in Los Altos, California. I take pride in my unique mix of professional training, personal skills, and life experience.
Before I became a therapist, I earned a BS in Chemistry and had an environmental career in Pennsylvania, where I grew up. I moved to California in 1995 to further that career and ultimately found my life taking a new direction.
That new direction included earning a Masters in Counseling Psychology from USF (University of San Francisco) in 2001 and becoming an infertility patient, with the hope of starting a family in my forties. Like many women, my successful career was in competition with my desire for children until medical intervention was needed to start my family.
I think real-life experience informs any therapist's work, especially when it comes to infertility. After navigating the maze of treatments and procedures, I became the mom of twins and have felt called to help those who struggle as they walk the path I know so well.
I chose this specialty as much as it has chosen me, as I know first-hand how difficult it is to maintain a busy life, career, and relationship while dealing with medical procedures and schedules. It's my hope that I can provide support and help to you as you work to start your family.
- Years in Practice: 12 Years
- School: University of San Francisco
- Year Graduated: 2001
- License and State: MFC 45836 California
- EMDR - Parnell Institute Basic Training (Summer 2016) and Advanced Clinical Workshop (December 2016)
- ASRM-MHPG - Member of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine Mental Health Professional Group
- RESOLVE, The National Infertility Association - Professional Member